Thank you for stopping by the Wise Training calendar. We are currently following the recommendations of governmental officials for in person meetings and gatherings. As a result, all Wise training will be delivered online until it is deemed appropriate by federal and state officials to meet in-person. Please join us online and let’s stay connected!
Wise provides Washington State Educator/Teacher Clock Hours for our webinars. For more information and to request Clock Hours, please click here.
Wise Webinar Series: Abelism 101 with Kyann Flint
October 27, 2021 –
2021-22 Wise Webinar Series:
In this session, Kyann Flint will provide an overview of what Ableism is, how it is engrained within the foundation of our society, and how to dismantle it. She will go on to provide specifics of how Ableism can be seen in different areas of life.
- Learning about the definition, roots, and history of Ableism.
- Realizing that Ableism is currently alive and creating an unwell society through interpersonal aspects as well as embedded language.
- Understanding that Ableism not only greatly impacts access and opportunity, but also livelihood and more importantly life itself.
- Learning how Ableism impacts representation in employment and media.
- Learning tips on how to dismantle Ableist language.
Kyann Flint, Director of Accessibility for Wandke Consulting, is a passionate advocate for the disability community. As a disabled woman, Kyann lives life with the motto of “Defying the Defined Disability.” She strives to educate society on how social barriers, like ignorance and stereotypes, limit the disability community. Kyann is a member of the CareerConnect Committee as well as a mentor through the Here Now Next Pilot Project. Kyann is also a lover of coffee and travel.