Thank you for stopping by the Wise Training calendar. We are adding events and trainings all the time. Check back here to stay up to date on all Wise happenings!
Plan to Placement: Fall Cohort
November 28, 2023
Plan to Placement Fall Cohort
Join Debra McLean, Katherine Titus and David Murahashi over six online sessions to strengthen a cohort of Supported Employment Providers to skillfully gather person-centered Employment Planning information. Through coaching and mentoring, attendees will learn key job development strategies to assist job seekers in obtaining Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE). This is a great resource for Community Inclusion and people seeking to transition into CIE. Plan to Placement has now been approved for Certified Employment Support Professional™ (CESP) Continuing Education credits.
Participants will be building their skills and at the end of the project, will be able to:
- Define and outline steps to gather Person-Centered Employment Plan information, utilize tools created within the cohort for practicum/homework activities
- Have a toolkit of strategies and resources for Person Centered thinking and Job Development
- Describe how to utilize Person-Centered information for successful job development
- Gather Person-Centered information on at least two job seekers
- Develop Job Seeker Employment Resource Tool
The first two sessions of the Plan to Placement Cohort Series will walk participants through a person-centered employment planning process alongside job seekers chosen by participants. The following four sessions will weave in job development techniques for the job seekers who are currently in job development services. During each session, we will reflect on how to apply the techniques to specific steps on behalf of each job seeker. The goal of this process is that job seekers will be close to placement by the end of the series. Participants time in this cohort can be considered part of the job development process.
Fall Cohort Dates:
- October 31, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
- November 7, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
- November 14, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
- November 28, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
- December 5, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
- December 12, 10-11:30am PT, 1-2:30pm ET
Registration for this series is $750.