Wise Online Employment Academy: Introduction to Supported Employment, Discovery and Person-Centered Employment Planning
Course Description: This course is an exciting and impactful introduction to the field of supported employment which will energize people new to the field and re-energize those already working in it. It will engage and activate your abilities to support people with disabilities to create lives of their own choosing. It will provide a full review of the values and practice of employment for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, instruction on how to perform Discovery with an employment candidate, and will familiarize you with Person-Centered Employment Planning to inform and strengthen action plans.
- Be familiar with Supported Employment history, the current state of the field, and your place in it
- Be familiar with the Discovery Process, be able to perform Discovery with an employment candidate, and be able to write a Vocational Profile as the basis for Employment Planning, and
- Be familiar with Person-centered Futures Employment Planning and able to use it in assisting in developing Employment Action plans.
This Course is part of the Wise Online Academy ACRE-certified Employment Specialist Core Training Series. Read more about the series and ACRE certification by clicking here.
Cost: $200, reimbursable to WA State residents upon successful completion of the course.
Space is limited to 100 participants; Registration closes once capacity is reached.
Date, Time, and Webinar topic; Adjust for YOUR timezone
- July 20th 9:00-11:00 am PST/12:00-2:00 pm EST
- July 21st 9:00-10:00 am PST/12:00-1:00 pm EST
- July 23rd 9:00-11:00 am PST/12:00-2:00 pm EST
- July 27th 9:00-11:00 am PST/12:00-2:00 pm EST
- July 30th 9:00-10:00 am PST/12:00-1:00 pm EST
Note: Earning a Certificate of Completion for this course requires: 1) Registering for and using the Wise Online Learning Platform, 2) Attending all 5 webinars and not missing more than one hour of webinar content for the whole course, and 3) Completing all offline skill-building activities (Postings on the Discussion Board, etc.).
Your Training Team: