Wise Webinar a Day Series:
Job Developing During COVID Times: The Pivot with Heidi Scheibner and Panel
Heidi Scheibner will facilitate a panel of job developers to discuss how they quickly pivoted to meet the new economic needs of both the employer and job seeker. They will share tips and tricks on how to build relationships despite our uncertain times and how to best position themselves as a business resource. Panelist: a staff representative from four agencies, including: Trillium, Provail, Morningside and Work Opportunities.
Learning Objectives (Info, tools, and skills attendees will receive):
- Attendees will understand & become more empowered to build relationships with employers during this time of uncertainty.
- Job Developers will share how they quickly adopted new strategies around marketing Supported Employment and themselves as a business resource in order to develop jobs during the new economic reality during COVID.
- Attendees will gain an understanding of how to strategize supporting a business from job developers and tips on how to be a business resource vs. just a job placement specialist.
- Attendees will learn strategies to use data from the Employment Security Department as a resource and how to capitalize on industries that are currently experiencing growth
- Hear from a local legislator on where they see the future of our economy
*Please note: Wise maintains registration and attendance records for our events and training programs. Attendees that fully participate in events and/or complete training programs will receive a certificate to document full participation as back up for billing purposes. Wise is required to monitor participation in our courses and provide reports to our funding sources so that they may utilize these records in the course of their audits of programs. These reports may include actual time spent by attendee name, event/training title, county and state. Reports are provided to ensure there is documented proof of the appropriate use of government funds for the purposes of professional development.
There are no refunds for those that do not attend the scheduled webinar. If you do miss the webinar, we will provide you with a code to access the next webinar free.
Wise provides Washington State Educator/Teacher Clock Hours for our webinars. For more information and to request Clock Hours, please click here.
Heidi has a unique professional background that includes nonprofit management and business development. Heidi’s experience allows her to appeal to the business perspective to why job creation brings value to every employer. She has a sibling with a developmental disability which has contributed to her lifelong commitment for an inclusive community. Heidi pursues collaborative initiatives to make change, including working with School Districts, the Federal Government, and Rotary clubs to increase opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. Heidi has more than ten years of experience leading a team of employment consultants, job development, and program expansion in rural communities. She provides consultation and training to organizations on capacity building and job development. Heidi is Program Manager of Trillium Employment Services and a Certified Employment Professional.