WOA 100 Series ACRE
The Wise Online Academy (WOA) 100 Series ACRE is an online training series based on customized employment core competencies. It is designed to provide employment professionals the training, knowledge, and skills they need to deliver quality customized competitive integrated employment services to people with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Register for the Spring Series
Who Should take this Series?
This series is designed for people working in the field of vocational services for people with disabilities, including Employment Specialists, Job Coaches, Job Developers, Vocational Specialists, Transition Specialists, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, or anyone who works in the field and wants to add to their knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver quality employment services.
ACRE Customized Employment Series:
Wise is a member of the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (ACRE). This four-part series has been endorsed by ACRE for a National Basic Certificate of Achievement in Employment Services with an Emphasis on Customized Employment. For more information about ACRE, please visit http://www.acreducators.org.
Students who successfully complete the series will receive the certificate of achievement.
- Provide strategies and tools for employment professionals to implement into their practice -the same day.
- Refresh and refine tools for people who want to stay current with the latest in customized employment.
- Increase the competence of employment professionals, and support professionalizing the field of Supported Employment.
- Create space for collaboration, and opportunity to network with peers doing similar work.
- This four-part series is a hybrid of instructor-led live training, work at your own pace/On-demand modules, collaborative community of practice, and interactive out of class activities
- The total expected time to complete this series, including offline skill-building activities, is 43 hours. This includes the courses described above and a 5 hour On Demand on Social Security.
- The total cost of this series is $750 for participants outside of Washington. *Limited sponsorships are available for WA state Employment Professionals. Reach out to [email protected] with for questions or more information.
I very much appreciated the excellent quality of the Wise ACRE class and content delivery by the instructors! It was informative, exciting, and fun. I have worked with disabled individuals over 20 years and this class was a great way to learn and expand my knowledge. Thank you.
I’m new to this field and had some anxiety/ insecurities about marketing/ networking, but this class was helpful, and I definitely feel more confident now. I really liked all the discussions around reframing your mindset and I think that really helped me. Thanks!”
I have steadily been getting my whole Supported Employment team ACRE accredited through WISE Online Academy 100 Series. I went through it with 2 new hires and thought it was so valuable I sent my seasoned veterans to complete. They had an excellent experience stating that the trainers were helpful as well as accommodating for a full client caseload. My new hires appreciated an outside source perspective on quality services and my experienced staff appreciated the new tools and techniques they were introduced to.
Introduction to Supported Employment, Discovery and Person-Centered Planning (IDP)
This class is an exciting and impactful introduction to the field of supported employment which will energize people new to the field and re-energize those already working in it. It will engage and activate your abilities to support people with disabilities to create lives of their own choosing. It will provide a full review of the values and practice of employment for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, instruction on how to perform Discovery with an employment candidate and will familiarize you with Person-Centered Employment Planning to inform and strengthen action plans.
- Instructors: Jaimie Laitinen, Katherine Titus
Job Development and Marketing (JDM)
This class provides an overview of the essential functions of marketing and customized job development for employment support professionals who work with job seekers with developmental and intellectual disabilities. This course gives employment specialists the values, confidence, and skills they need to work with the business community to develop win-win employment opportunities meeting the needs of the job seekers they serve and the businesses that hire them. It also provides insight, inspiration and a reminder of the basic values and creative, time-tested, approaches that are truly effective in successfully performing this valuable social service.
- Instructors: Jenny Crook, Emily Harris, Charly Walters
Systematic Instruction: Teaching, Learning, and Retaining Jobs (SIT)
Even the most complex tasks, if broken down and taught using the techniques of Systematic Instruction, can be learned, and mastered by people with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Here is a chance for those who support people with disabilities to learn and practice these powerful techniques, and dramatically enhance their ability to teach people new tasks at home, in the community, and in the workplace.
- Instructors: Robyn Slocom, Shaun Wood
Social Security Benefits and Work Incentives On-demand
This class gives clear and thorough information about Social Security benefits and related work incentives, and helps people make informed choices about employment. The intent is to inspire participants to realize that work is important and achievable for people who experience disabilities. It will further help participants understand that people with disabilities can work and retain essential benefits, allowing them to move toward greater financial gain from employment.
- Instructors: Susan Harrell, Scott Leonard