January 18, 2022
Job Foundation & Transition Community of Practice
Fostering Job Foundation Supports between Employment Providers & School Partners
Job Foundation is a wonderful opportunity for students with disabilities to receive direct support from an employment provider earlier in their educational careers. This session will focus on strategies for strengthening partnerships between employment providers and educators.
There are several ways school partners are integral to Job Foundation. They can contribute to the success of this project with students and families:
- Share information about Job Foundation with students, families, and school staff
- Facilitate provider access to student records, in line with security protocols and with signed release of authorization
- Facilitate provider access to student observation during instruction and community and employment activities, when feasible.
- Deepen their understanding of school partner roles in supporting Job Foundation activities.
- Discuss strategies for improving collaboration with school partners to support implementation of Job Foundation.
- Identify helpful strategies for overcoming school-level barriers to Job Foundation activities.