September 15, 2021 –
Start with YOURSELF!
Empowering Everyone to Be a Networker in the Job Development Process
Relationship, connection, community, Social Capital, these are all themes to harness when thinking about intentional Job Development and community connecting. Not sure what these are, or where to begin? Good news unleashing your inner connector and tapping into your network is not only easy, it’s a tool that will shift your Job Development approach from cold to warm, daunting to easy, nerves to confidence. Join Karen Gaffney and Emily Harris to learn more about tools to tap into your own personal networks to enhance and shift your employment outcomes.
- Understand how to tap into your personal connections to enhance your Job Development process.
- Learn the value of community mapping and connecting to think about where to go and who to connect with.
- Highlight different mediums to network.
- Think of new ways to tap into every team member’s connections to expand on Job Development efforts.
- Look at ways to empower and center Job Candidates experience and relationships in the Job Development Process.
Emily has had the good fortune to be affiliated with people with disabilities throughout her life. She has over 13 years’ experience doing work as an Employment Consultant and a Positive Behavior Support Consultant with individuals, families, and Employment Agencies in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. She also has international consulting experience working with employment agencies across New Zealand. Emily is committed to the concept of inclusion and full participation and knows that employment is critical to equity. She holds a BS in Arts and Letters with a focus in Women Studies and English, is a Certified Employment Professional through APSE, and currently serves on the National APSE Employment Support Professional Certification Council (ESPCC). Emily is a trainer and trained in the process of Person-Centered Planning. Emily is a natural networker and believes that being connected in your community is vital to the success of connecting people with sustainable employment.