March 16, 2022
2021-22 Wise Webinar Series:
Defying “Experts” Predictions To Realize My Dreams
Michael Beasley has worked for ENSO for four years, providing Database Technician services with the non-profit organization for individuals with disabilities. He was prognosticated at a very young age to not live a successful adult life due to his diagnosis of Autism.
Michael has encountered numerous difficulties throughout his young life, before transitioning to a private school tailored for students with learning disabilities in an academic setting.
He is now a living testimony and success story of overcoming all odds to live his best life with a dream job, cozy home, and becoming a multi-published author.
Michael will share his inspirational life experiences to help us better understand and develop better strategies for individuals in vocational and residential settings.
- Give participants the chance to experience what individuals with disabilities go through from early life to the present day.
- Give participants a clearer understanding of how to provide a better learning environment and improved care for individuals with disabilities, and how to foster greater growth in vocational and residential settings.
- Learn how to be more empathetic and understanding to the individual, and to strive for better person-centered support.
- Develop strategies to encourage better quality of care and services tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Understand ways of encouraging growth opportunities and help them reach their unlocked potential.
Michael J. Beasley:
I am a two-time published author and creator of the EJFS (Elite Justice Force Squad) Series. I have published my first book via BookLocker.com LLC toward the tail end of 2020 and near the last month of 2021.
Despite my disability, I overcame underwhelmingly low expectations from “experts” in the medical field. I have now reached my potential and living a fruitful lifestyle.
I also work as a Database Technician/Training Consultant for a local non-profit in WA. I was a keynote speaker at a virtual conference for the Community Employment Alliance.
I was born in Renton, WA; I lived in Des Moines, WA, during my early childhood before settling into the Federal Way area.
Nowadays, I live in an enjoyable Adult Family Home setting in Auburn, WA.
I graduated from a private school known as New Horizon School in Renton, WA.