February 3, 2021
Wise Wedesday Webinars:
Sweet Living! Uncovering the Meaning and the Mystery of Effective Planning
with Katherine Carol
Sweet Living? In these times? Now more than ever, we need to chart our journey. Let’s face it. In this business, we write a lot of plans. IEP’s, IWP’s, ISP’s, etc. But how many of us have our written plans?
I liken it to learning to dance from a teacher who talks about dancing, goes to meetings about dancing, and even reads books on dancing, yet has never stepped on to the dance floor. These chaotic times are the perfect time to discover the majesty of excellent planning for you, your team, and for people you support.
What is different about this webinar? It engages the whole brain and heart to discover passions and patterns that naturally lead to success. This interactive webinar helps you work smarter, feel more in control, and find the hidden virtues of intentional living, resulting in improved outcomes for people with disabilities.
Learning Objectives (Info, tools, and skills attendees will receive):
- Participants discover planning is universally beneficial to those who work in the field of rehabilitation as it ignites the power to help individuals with disabilities plan well and reach their goals.
- Attendees understand how to access their whole brain/heart connection as the rocket fuel for effective planning and increased outcomes.
- Expanded knowledge of how values shape everyday decision making either accelerating outcomes or diminishing them.
- Attendees understand and utilize individual strengths and benefit of unique thought processes to work more effectively with other team members.
- Attendees learn how to recruit a brain/heart trust and passion partners to support their plan and how that can help people with disabilities build their community of support and sweet life.
Do you require an accommodation, materials in alternate format or have inquiries about accessibility in this event? If so, please reach out to [email protected] no later than 5pm Friday prior to this webinar. Due to the short turnaround of our webinar series we are unable to accommodate same day requests. We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully.
*Please note: Wise maintains registration and attendance records for our events and training programs. Attendees that fully participate in events and/or complete training programs will receive a certificate to document full participation as back up for billing purposes. Wise is required to monitor participation in our courses and provide reports to our funding sources so that they may utilize these records in the course of their audits of programs. These reports may include actual time spent by attendee name, event/training title, county and state. Reports are provided to ensure there is documented proof of the appropriate use of government funds for the purposes of professional development.
There are no refunds for those that do not attend the scheduled webinar. If you do miss the webinar, we will provide you with a code to access the next webinar free.
Wise provides Washington State Educator/Teacher Clock Hours for our webinars. For more information and to request Clock Hours, please click here.
Katherine lives in Denver, Colorado and is a recognized subject matter expert by the US Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy. She is a co-founder of Families at the Forefront of Technology, where she and other parents brought giants from the tech industry together with families and individuals with disabilities in shaping a more accessible and prosperous future through technology. Katherine currently serves as a co-chair for Colorado’s Employment First Advisory Partnership and Chairperson for the Colorado State Rehabilitation Council. Most importantly, she is Mikelle’s mom.