July 12, 2021 –
Wise Online Employment Academy: Introduction to Supported Employment, Discovery and Person-Centered Employment Planning
Course Description: This course is an exciting and impactful introduction to the field of supported employment which will energize people new to the field and re-energize those already working in it. It will engage and activate your abilities to support people with disabilities to create lives of their own choosing. It will provide a full review of the values and practice of employment for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, instruction on how to perform Discovery with an employment candidate, and will familiarize you with Person-Centered Employment Planning to inform and strengthen action plans.
- Be familiar with Supported Employment history, the current state of the field, and your place in it
- Be familiar with the Discovery Process, be able to perform Discovery with an employment candidate, and be able to write a Vocational Profile as the basis for Employment Planning, and
- Be familiar with Person-centered Futures Employment Planning and able to use it in assisting in developing Employment Action plans.
This Course is part of the Wise Online Academy Customized ACRE-certified Employment Specialist Core Training Series. Read more about the series and ACRE certification by clicking here. * Those completing all four ACRE courses after June 1, 2021 will earn a Customized ACRE Certificate. Those who completed one or more courses prior to June 2021 will earn a Basic ACRE Certificate.
US Webinar Dates and Times (shown in PST/EST adjust for your time zone)
- July 12 - 10 am to 12 (noon) Pacific/1-3 pm Eastern
- July 14 - 10 am to 12 (noon) Pacific/1-3 pm Eastern
- July 15 - 10 am to 12 (noon) Pacific/1-3 pm Eastern
- July 19 - 10 am to 12 (noon) Pacific/1-3 pm Eastern
- July 21 - 10 am to 12 (noon) Pacific/1-3 pm Eastern
The total expected time to complete this course, including offline skill-building activities, is 12 hours.
Cost: $200, Providers with contracts through a Washington State DD Program may use the WASTATE promo code (be sure to hit apply). The fee for providers with contracts through a Washington State DD Program is currently sponsored by DDA and the counties. This limited opportunity is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Space is limited to 100 participants; Registration closes once capacity is reached.
Note: Participation in and earning a certificate of completion for this Course requires: 1) Registering for and using the Wise Online Learning Platform, 2) Attending all 5 webinars and not missing more than one hour for the course and completing assignments outside of course webinar time.
All coursework must be completed within 1 week of the final webinar to earn a certificate. Unless an approved exception request is granted in advance, if coursework is not completed by the deadline, students would need register, pay and to retake the course to earn a certificate.
Your Training Team: