Employment First – Washington State
Documents from the 2018 EF Leadership Forum
For those who attended, please take the survey here.
- Resource List
- Breakout Feedback
- TA and Training Data PowerPoint
- DDA Data PowerPoint
- DDA Employment Outcomes PowerPoint
- David Mank’s accomplishments document and the CPSD website
- John Butterworth’s presentation
- Proviso and OSPI Updates presentation
- 2017 Alderbrook Redux
- 2007 Alderbrook Report
General Information for Washington State EF
- 2013 State of Washington Employment Report
- 2017 Alderbrook Employment First Forum Action Plans
- State of Washington Employment Data Link
- Between 2004 and 2006, the State of Washington implemented the Working Age Adult employment policy. To see a current version of Washington’s policy on employment click here.
- Washington’s working age adult policy implementation started in 2004 and completed in 2006. An analysis of the policy roll out was captured through two annual gatherings at Alderbrook. D. Mank 2007
- As part of the 2011 Legislative Session, the Washington State Legislature required the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) to work with legislators and stakeholders to develop a new approach to Employment and Day services to be submitted to the 2012 Legislature. Here is the Workgroup report.
- In 2012, the State of Washington created legislation to guide the implementation of Employment First. The State of WA Legislation can be found here.
- Legislation passed in 2012 establishing parameters around employment as first priority for individuals with developmental disabilities, with option of alternative community access program. – HERE
- People Working is a site designed to celebrate the success of people with significant developmental disabilities who are working in paid jobs throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond. These individuals have forged valuable relationships and roles with their coworkers, employers, and community members, and possess solid workplace skills.
- Policy 6.13 guides the work of Washington State’s employment service delivery. This policy establishes qualifications for providers of employment and day program services.
- In 2013, The Office of the Governor of the State of Washington issued Executive Order 13-02. The executive order is to improve employment opportunities and outcomes for people with disabilities in state employment.
- ICI Pub-Washington WAAP: Publication from the Institute for Community Inclusion providing an overview of the development of Washington’s Working Age Adult Policy – Website
- Washington State Legislation: Legislation passed in 2012 establishing parameters around employment as first priority for individuals with developmental disabilities, with option of alternative community access program – Website