Tara joined Trillium Employment Services in 2011 after several years’ experience with recreational services for people with disabilities. Since joining Trillium, Tara has specialized in integrating applied behavioral analysis into job coaching. She is a resource for colleagues, providing strategies and tools that allow staff to achieve their client’s employment goals, particularly in unique and complex situations. This assistance may include:
- Identifying next steps for clients stuck in discovery
- Identifying the function of behaviors which may interfere in maintaining employment and creating a plan to teach more adaptive or functional behaviors
- Systematically teaching new skills
- Setting up environments to support success for clients with complex support needs
- Tracking progress and designing data collection systems
Tara has several years’ experience working with transition students and was instrumental is launching Kitsap’s School To Work program. She holds a master of arts in Special Education from University of Washington and is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).