Wise Online Academy – 200 Series
The Wise Online Academy 200 Series is an advanced level training program, which will provide an intensive course of study guided by a professional mentor and participation in student cohorts. The program is intended for employment professionals who have some experience and training in the field and wish to continue to develop their skills to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to gain employment and become contributing members of their communities.
- Increase the competence of employment professionals.
- Increase employment opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Provide staff an opportunity for relationship building and networking.
- Develop a network of future leaders in supported employment.
- The program is offered in three sequential 6-week courses from January 2022 to June 2022.
- Classes held via Zoom twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am-11:00am PST
- Student Cohorts will meet every other week with their Instructor Mentor.
- Cost of the program is $2,500
- Person-Centered Planning
- Customized Employment
- Best Practices
- Job Development
- Visual Resumes
- Employer Outreach
- Job Coaching
- Systematic Instruction
- Long-Term Supports
Historical Perspectives of Supported Employment and Discovery
The history, values, and public policy that have influenced the inclusion of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities into work and community life. Using discovery and person-centered planning processes to get to know job seekers.
- Instructors: Lisa Latchford, Fox Associates Consultation LLC and Jim Corey, Wise
- 1/4/22 – 2/10/22
Essentials of Job Developing and Marketing
The process of developing individual community integrated jobs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Engaging with employers from a business perspective and representing job seekers and yourself professionally and competently.
- Instructors: Debra McLean, Debra McLean Consulting and Emily Harris, Wise
- 3/1/22 to 4/7/22
Systematic Instruction and Retention Supports
Systematic instruction is an evidence-based method for teaching individuals with disabilities through the process of breaking a skill down into individual components.
This class will also cover creative problem solving, promoting independence, and fostering natural supports in the workplace to assist individuals be successful on their jobs.
- Instructors: Aimee Nelson and Wendy Taliaferro, Trillium Employment Services
- 4/26/22 to 6/2/22
Are you interested in the Wise Online Academy 200 Series Program? Complete the application for enrollment HERE.