Wise Online Academy – 200 Series
The Wise Online Academy 200 Series is an advanced level training program, which will provide an online intensive course of study guided by a professional mentor and participation in student cohorts. The program is intended for employment professionals and individuals who have some experience and training in the field and wish to continue to develop their skills to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become contributing members of their community.
- Increase the competence of employment professionals.
- Develop a network of future leaders in supported employment.
- Provide staff an opportunity for relationship building and networking.
- Expand resources for employment professionals to increase their knowledge through predictable systematic training.
- Expand employment opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The program is offered in three sequential sections
- Classes held via Zoom, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am-11:00am PST
- Student Cohorts will meet every other week with their Instructor Mentor
Section 1: Historical Perspectives of Supported Employment and Systematic Instruction
The history, values, public policy, individualized planning and systematic instruction advances that have influenced the inclusion of people with developmental disabilities into work and community life.
- Instructors: Aimee Nelson and Wendy Taliaferro, Trillium Employment Services
- 12/08/20 to 02/11/21
Section 2: Essentials of Job Development and Marketing
The process of developing community integrated jobs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Engaging with employers from a business perspective and representing job seekers and yourself professionally and competently.
- Instructors: Debra McLean, Consultant and Emily Harris, Wise
- 02/16/21 to 04/08/21
Section 3: Job Support and Retention
On the job support and coaching, developing partnerships with business, creative problem solving, follow along, diminishing external support and fostering natural supports in the workplace to assist individuals be successful on their jobs.
- Instructors: Lisa Latchford, Fox Associates Consultation LLC and Chuck Goodwin, Woodfrog Consulting
- 04/13/21 to 06/03/21
The program is offered in collaboration with the Washington State Developmental Disabilities Administration with support from counties and agencies throughout the state.